i have a 1995 chevy lumnia car and it is running rough. we have replaced the sparkplugs and still runs rough. when I push on the gas it stutters. what could b causeing this?

Asked by Jun 22, 2013 at 12:09 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr STD Sedan

Distributor rotor/cap or sloppy timing.

ok ill check that. thx!

...it doesn't have a cap/rotor..... the timing is controlled by the ECM... you have a timing "chain"..... they usually don't tell you they're going bad, they break, and when they do, they wreck your valve train, and your car will just crank forever and never start, and it will be all over ..... borrow a MityVac vacuum tester from Autozone..... it's mostly used for bleeding brakes, but it will tell you about your vacuum as well... test your Vac..... check ALL your hoses REAL Good..... at the same time, check ALL your wiring, ... it's a '95..... good chance you have something rotten... needs to be ruled out nonetheless... a "Haynes manual has a page that tells you how to interpret the readings..... the vacuum tester is generally an overlooked tool that can tell you a lot about the health of your engine... might be a good idea to buy one, since your car is getting older..... I have a '90..... I'm an expert on rotten rubber and plastic.... and fuel lines (sheesh!).....