can not get heat from heater

Asked by Dec 12, 2015 at 11:27 AM about the 1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe

95 Riviera, A/C blows cold, switch to heat and still cold air. can move from dash to vent fine. just does not switch to heat. (heater core is fine and hoses are hot), I am thinking actuater? would I check passenger side or drivers side?

1,195

Question?? Are you getting cold air through all the vents? If so then all actuators doors are operational. Now there is a hot water control valve /switch that's located near the fire wall at the end or in line of the heater hose...that may need chancing. Good Luck..Semper FI

I will have to go back out and check to make sure all vents work with cold air. (usually only use panel vents for AC) . I will look for the hot water control valve (never seen or heard of this before) but sounds very possible. I think you for this information. And will post what I learn when I check. (may take a few days with Christmas / New Years). Thanks so much.

1,195

Relative to the heater control valve..go to Autozone.com and follow the prompts and put in vehicle info. and part.. it will provide important information.

all of the vents seem to work correctly. But unable to locate the heater control valve? (inside of car or outside at firewall?) I did pull up a picture of a H/C/Valve from Auto zone so I know what to look for). Looked almost like a hose connector (not any type of valve. I saw nothing that could switch anything?) But maybe I brought up wrong part? Anyways, anymore help as exactly where it is or what it looks like would help (maybe even a photo if u had one). I will be heading to my brothers house in a couple of days. Maybe he can find it. He is a little mechanically inclined than me. Thank you so much Alvin1966 I appreciate and respect your input and help.