I have a 1995 Buick Riviera and I'm having trouble with my driverside window not going up. Can anyone help?

Asked by Nov 28, 2014 at 05:24 PM about the 1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe FWD

A couple months ago I put my driver side window down and it wouldn't go back up. So I took the door panel off and first I though the window motor was bad so I replaced it. After I replaced the motor it still wouldn't go up, so I then pulled the control module out and tapped it all over with the end of a screw driver and plugged it back in and the window started working again. Then two days ago I put the window down and it became stuck down again. So I pulled the control module out and tapped it again. This time it didn't work. So I looked all over for a new control module; every website I could find online and auto parts stores. Everything said this part is discontinued and not in stock. So I tried every junk yard within a 50 mile radius of my location and found one junk yard that had one left. I went and got the used part from the junk yard and just came home and put it on, and nothing happened. All the control module does when I try to put the window up is click. So now I'm stuck and not sure where to go from here. Could it be the new used control module I just got from the junk yard, or could it be something else? Can someone help me with this?

I would go with the new module and check and make sure nothing is bent in side the door and check that everything is tight sometimes broken glass can get into the rails were the window goes up because a problem like that can burn out a motor and a module you may have to replace the rails inside too

The "new" module I just bought was a used one from a junkyard. I was only able to find one website that still had them stock and sold them. Since this is a discontinued part, this site is charging just about $100 for a brand new one. I really can't afford a new one right now so went with a used one from a junkyard. I just didn't have any luck with this one either. So I was asking if this control module could be bad too or if there was possibly something else I'm missing? I did check the wiring to make sure everything was connected and not loose or exposed. It appeared that there isn't anything bent or loose. The window in the door is the original window and has never been replaced, so there is not broken glass. Thanks for your input.

is there a way to put power to the motor without going thru the module. or bypass the switch just temporarily of course. try and do the switch and if it works then it is probably the switch.

I have the same problem. I replaced the switch but no luck. The relay is discontinued and I'm tracking one down in the junkyards soon. In the mean time I took the connector off of the window motor and with two male and one female RCA stereo jacks I made a way to reverse the power (+ & -) polarity that goes to the motor. I plug it in one way and use the down window button and it goes down. I switch to the other RCA plug and the polarity being reversed, the down button now makes it go up. This will do until I figure it out. At least I can roll the window down and up instead of just down.

I have a 1997 Buick Rivera super charged for sale 350 call me 2155310212 mena