Can't get the AC or heat to blow out in my 1995 Buick Riviera.

165

Asked by Nov 28, 2014 at 05:43 PM about the 1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe

I bought my 95 Riviera back in April of this year. When I bought it, the AC and heat worked great. The AC blew out really good and was really cold. The heat work awesome too. Then one day a few week later I got in my car and turned on my AC and it wouldn't do anything. Nothing would blow out. I could still slightly feel cold air coming through the vents. From there, it would all of a sudden start working again and blowing the cold air out. After that it was like it had a mind of its own. It would start blowing the air whenever it felt like it and stop working in the same matter. It was doing the same thing for my heat too. I would turn it on and no matter what temp I put it on, what speed it was at, or what function I put it on it did the same thing. Then one day, it just stopped working period. Now that winter is here, it's getting pretty cold driving my car. Just like with my AC, I can feel some heat coming thru the vents but not enough. After about 20 minutes of driving the little bit of heat that is coming out of the vents has finally made the temp in the car tolerable. Would this be my blower motor or is it something else?

11,880

could be the blower motor, or the switches in the dash.

1,275

First check your water levels. Relative the heater..start with checking the heater control valve located next to firewall beneath the hood. Also consider having the system blown out which cleans the heater core. Ref. the A/C check/change the A/C Orifice Tube this inexpensive part will create A/C problems you described. Does the heater fan change speeds during your operation of the controls? If not its probably due to a faulty control switch but if it does your complaint seems to be the A/C heater blend doors (Actuator). Go to http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm and look up part number 18 and there it shows the locations of these parts. There is a third one on the pass. side. I advise that you check these parts for operation by having someone operate the controls while you observes to see if they are opening to allow passage of air. Good Luck SEMPER FI