my blazer wont start sometimes

Asked by Sep 17, 2015 at 06:56 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS 4WD

I have 96 chevy blazer and I have a new starter in it ive had about 13 total for some reason there all fine when I get them and then it starts to whinn like when it spins to engage but it wont start sometimes if I play with it by turning it back and forth to start it will start or at times when i unplugged the ignition coil plug  and plug it back in it will start  wich ive also replaced I'm out of ideas does anybody knw what eles I could try or do I love my blazer and will not part with him for this reason only the sound it makes is the same sound it makes when u take it to auto zone to have the starter tested and it comes out and engages but its not catching anything so its just a whinning sound and I did replace the fly wheel in it too

73,005

If your talking on the starter, you may need to add some shims at the mounting surface, lowering the starter down just a bit. The starter drive may be just sitting and spinning against the flywheel, not engaging. I hope I understood the question..