My 1997 4.3 chevy blazer wont start ?

5

Asked by Jun 26, 2016 at 09:30 AM about the 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LT 4WD

My friend was telling me my engine is pressure
lock he says that there's too much gas in the
engine it has to be released is there any other way
around this or how would you fix this correctly

50,765

If a cylinder is full of fuel removing all the sparkplugs and turning over the engine will remove the fuel. The fuel injector on the cylinder full of fuel needs to be replaced.

73,065

Diagnose the problem. Get a fuel pressure gauge and hook it up to the Schrader valve in the fuel line on the intake. Check fuel pressure, turn key on, off until pressure shows at it highest point. Fuel pressure should be 56 to 63 lbs. Then watch the gauge for 3 minutes with the key off, pressure should not drop more than 5 lbs. If it does then the spider assembly is leaking. Common problem on the 4.3L. The new assemblies have ben redesigned.

73,065

As far as removing the fuel from the cylinders I just take out all the spark plugs and go in each cylinder with a propain torch to burn off excess fuel.

5

Hey Rowefast that won't hurt the engine I don't want it to blow up on me.

50,765

Does the engine turn over or is it locked? If it is locked then, no, just remove the plugs and crank the engine. The pistons will force out any excess liquid. If it is just flooded and not hydrolocked just leave the plugs out for an hour or so so that the fuel will evaporate. Also the information posted by Rowefast should be considered.

5

I believe it locked cause it doesn't turn over all .

73,065

No it does not hurt anything, just a quick flash. But like Bob says, pull all the plugs to see if it will turn over.

5

OK sounds good

5

I remove my crankshaft sensor and nothing but gas came out of the hole so I put it back on but a lot of gas came out. So I'm hope that when I take out the spark plugs that the something doesn't happen?

73,065

Just turn it over like Bob says to air out the engine. If you have too much gas around, do not use the torch idea.

5

Yea I not using the torch idea.

73,065

There should not be any gas around the crank shaft sensor unless your oil pan is full of gas. Pull the dip-stick and check. At this point were just askin if the engine turns over.

5

The location that I'm currently at won't let me do anything that gas is going to come out of engine. The other day I checked the oil and it smelled like gas?

50,765

Wow, gas came out of the crank sensor. The oil will likely need to be dropped and changed also before starting the engine. Like was suggested check the oil at the dipstick, I'll bet it is way over full. The problem needs to be fixed before driving it or you may ruin the engine.

73,065

So yes, oil needs to be dropped and oil filter, new oil indeed. Sounds like you have been cranking on this for a while, it may be the gas has washed the oil down from the piston rings & cylinder, causing it to turn over hard. Once the oil has been dropped and refilled, you may want to squirt some oil in the cylinders with all the plugs out and turn it over to lubricate. All this sounds like the spider injection assembly needs to be replaced. The assembly includes all injectors, lines, fuel regulator, and the distribution center. Do not try replacing just one thing, never seen any good results from that. Do a fuel pressure bleed down test to verify.

50,765

That much gas I'll bet the engine is hydrolocked at a cylinder.

5

I just check the oil dip stick and I didn't see any oil on it but you can smell the gas on it.