I have a 96 chevy blazer, that is not startin. Not gettin fuel to engine. It did the same thing bout 3 weeks ago. Battery was drained from tryin to start. Jumped it off, & it started right up.

10

Asked by May 09, 2015 at 05:08 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door 4WD

I have a 96 chevy blazer w/4x4, it is not
starting. Its not getting fuel to engine. The
same thing happened bout 3 weeks ago.
Drained the battery tryin to start. I jumped
my truck, & it started right up. What could
be the problem?

60,205

Sound,s like it may be the fuel pump.

60,205

A bad fuel pump will go in and out,other word,s run sometime,s and not sometime,s.

10

So, the jump restarted the fuel pump? Never really paid attention 2 my battery meter while I'm starting. But, it was all da way down, almost where needle is. Like 8, tryin 2 start. I also have 2 badd O2 sensors. Could that have anything 2 do w/why it won't start?

60,205

Have the battery load tested,and if that is not your issue,check your starter.

10

Thanks, will do!

11,855

Your computer needs the battery to be at a certain level to run the ignition, and perhaps a low battery will turn over the motor but not run the computers. That is possibly the reason a jump start works. Like T-S-T said, test the battery. If your voltage meter is low when running, it may not be charging the battery. Make sure the cables are connected and clean at the battery and alternator. It also sounds like either a bad fuel pump of clogged filters in the gas line.

10

I have had the fuel pump, & filter replaced, & 3weeks later same problem. Will turn over but not start. This is the 3rd time this has happened, & it seems 2 give me this problem after sitting overnite, & after it has rained outside. I'm just bout broke. Does anyone have a solution?

11,855

I know this is from the old style engines, but my grandson bought an 88 Jeep with points ignition. He has an after market EFI carburetor on it and electrical fuel pump. He had major problems getting it started. First we discovered the wrong spark plugs and the plugs were in only finger tight. New plugs, wires, tune up, and battery. It started a lot better, but still difficult on first start of the day. Finally could not get it to start so took it to a dealership. Found out the coil was bad. No issues now. If you're not getting fuel, could it be a computer reading a code wrong? You said you have two sensors bad. Have they been replaced? Sometimes the computer will shut down the engine if it has bad readings and to protect the engine may not allow fuel to be sent to start it. If you can have a code reader done to it, try that. Also check the electronic brain for the engine and make sure it is healthy. Sometimes the most simple things are wrong and we over look them because they "almost" never go bad. Have you done a test on teh battery? A bad cell may not hold a charge for long, and after sitting, not be enough to run the computer while drawing a lot to run the starter.