I have a 2001 Buick Regal GS and my transmission went out. Is there a such thing as a supercharged transmission? Or can I buy a transmission and hook up the supercharger?

20

Asked by Oct 02, 2015 at 06:03 PM about the 2001 Buick Regal GS

Transmission change

The supercharger is a belt-driven device on the engine to produce positive pressure induction. More air is pumped in to intake plenum than vacuum provides = More power. No, there is no such thing as a supercharged transmission

64,995

While Fordnut is correct, as per usual. Supercharged vehicles do use a different transmission. When shopping for a transmission be sure that the codes on the tag of the new/replacement transmission match the codes on the tag of the old transmission that you're replacing. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer
20

I appreciate you both thanks

Good clarification Jim. It's not a "supercharged transmission" but a transmission intended for use on a s/c engine.

22,635

what transmission is in the car...just have the trans.bench/ built either one and add some of the heavy duty parts...sprag..clutches...imput/output shaft... > http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/transmission/1109chp-picking- the-right-automatic-transmission/

64,995

You're welcome. Glad to help. Thank you for the best answer click. -Jim