why is my truck running like this? what part do I need

55

Asked by Feb 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS

I have a 97 Chevy Blazer LS 4 door 2 wheel drive. I'm having a problem with the engine missing
it's running like it's almost out of time for running too rich. vehicle does not have a catalytic
converter I just need to know why this is running so bad. I'm actually anic but at my shop I
don't have the tools to reader diagnosis problem. I did however run a diagnosis with obd2
scanner it brought up 2 codes. p 1860 and P 0300. do you think you could possibly be the fuel
pump. Mm.

94,855

P1860 CHEVROLET - TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit Electrical -- Possible causes - Faulty Torque Converter Clutch Pulse Width Modulation (TCC PWM) Solenoid - Torque Converter Clutch Pulse Width Modulation (TCC PWM) Solenoid harness is open or shorted - Torque Converter Clutch Pulse Width Modulation (TCC PWM) Solenoid circuit poor electrical connection

94,855

The p0300 is a random misfire. Try to clear it with new plugs and air filter.

6,825

clean the distributor (i'm not sure which ignition system u have). try replacing the thermostat to see if it stops the rich mixture. engine running too coool?

17,645

its a vortec 4.3. Would bet money the Fuel pressure regulator on the spider injector is leaking and dumping fuel into the intake. Is it hard to start after only leaving it for 30 min to an hour? A fuel pressure test and leakdown would pin point a fuel problem. Or pull the upper intake and look for clean spots, it should be dirty. Oil will smell like gas if it's leaking

665

Change the distributer and rotor.A common problem with these 4.3 Vortec engines.

i had the same problem ran like crap misfiring etc did the entire fuel system plugs wires cap etc. turned out it was the icm another common problem.

15

I would check timing make sure your on top dead center pull the cap and your rotor should line up with the mark on the base of distributor it is 6

15

1860 valve body needs to be update some reaming needs to be done on a certain passage way