my blazer is leaking oil and i dont know what part it is

Asked by Mar 10, 2013 at 07:20 AM about the 1990 Chevrolet Blazer 4WD

0k my oil filter is behind the left hand headlight whatever it connects to has 2 peices of tubing going back to beside the oil pan what is this part called that they connect to?????????????? please help its driving me up the wall

what you are referring to: does it look anything like this?

Best Answer

What I discovered it that on some of those Blazers, the oil filter is "remote" located. The easiest way to get to the oil filter is to remove the front drivers side wheel and reach straight through into the engine compartment.

OK then it's Part Number: 625-001 Manufacturer: DORMAN OE SOLUTIONS Notes: {4WD; Eng Oil Filter Hose; Eng To Remote

I could not find an image/diagram of those tubes but the go right in to the block. Supply and return.

16,195

they go to where the oil filter would normally be. It is blocked off by the remote filter conversion plate and the lines go to the plate. And David, to change the oil filter its real easy to just do it from up top. Just remove the air filter box which you dont even need tools for.

Gotcha Andrew, Thanks for that. I posted what I did from a Blazer enthusiasts site, figured they would know, and I suppose that way I posted is one way but not the easiest, just that one dude's way. Cheers