Ipod connection kit

Asked by May 30, 2008 at 10:15 AM about the 2006 Mazda MAZDASPEED6 Sport 4dr Sedan AWD

Anyone know any good kits I can get for my Speed 6 to hook up an Ipod? The bose stereo has a connector for satelite radio, but no aux in. Anything out there to use to hook in an ipod?

43,885

Check Circuit City or a place like that. They should have a kit.

80

Take a look at the Audiolink product. I have read some decent reviews on various forums: http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=142

35

+1 to this. audiolink FTW. P.S. please join mazda6club forums for all the info you can find on this car.

45

I had the AudioLink unit from RPM in my Mazda6... it was buggy and quirky as can be. I see the RPM store is offering a newer unit that reads out song titles on the information panel in the center stack- that would be very nice. If that unit is less buggy, I'd spend the extra few bucks, without question.

45

Thanks for the info. I will have to check it out. I have the old Audiolink and it is really bare bones.

55

I had gotten the Mazda iPod integration kit. Works well but its not overly user friendly. More recently I have integrated a Tomtom gps into my car. I installed an auxillary input chip (AuxMod Basic - http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/) and fed the audio straight to that from the ipod and controlled the ipod through the touch screen of the Tomtom.

45

i had a dvd deck installed where the center compartment was and got the ipod and sirius radio hook ups add on :) circit city could not do it either. you have to go to a car audio place