No start but turns over

40

Asked by Apr 15, 2017 at 08:56 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4-Door RWD

I have a 1998 Chevy Blazer, i changed my spark
plugs, fuel pump, fuel filter and starter and my
chevy blazer still wont start. But can't seem to find
out what is causing it to not start??

85,515

First check for spark, see if you have spark coming out of a spark plug wire. If there is spark, then next would be to do a fuel bleed down test by hooking a fuel pressure gauge up to the Schrader Valve, turning the key to the on position letting it build up fuel pressure on the gauge, (should be 56 to 63 lbs) then turning the key to the off position and watch the fuel pressure gauge. Fuel pressure should not drop more than 5 lbs. in 3 minutes. If it does then the spider injection assembly is leaking, which will cause hard or a no start condition.

40

No fuel from fuel pump to the carborator, I pour gas into the carborator and it runs. What may be causing that the fuel pump is new??

85,515

Probably no power. Turn the key to the on position, you should be able to hear the fuel pump prime up, run. Usually it is a bad ground wire, or fuel pump relay.

40

The fuel pump hums a little bit then you hear nothing else

85,515

Well that is good. It sounds like it is priming up, and it will shut off. Check for fuel from the Schrader Valve up on the intake manifold. It is like a tire stem valve, push in on it slowly, it could have a lot of pressure there, just see if there is gas up to that point.

85,515

TrannyMan do you mind?

40

Fuel pump came from AutoZone for this make and model and year fuel was replaced because car no longer was getting fuel to the engine but once it was replaced still no fuel to the engine distributor cap and rotor was replaced also but now the fuel pump is no longer making any noise

40

There is gas at the fuel valve

85,515

So if you relieve the fuel pressure from the valve, and turn the key back on the fuel pump should turn back on and prime up, does it do that? Can you hear the fuel pump again?

40

Fuel pump is working properly I'm getting gas to the Schaefer valve but still won't start

40

It doesn't prime up in the on position but when I crank it, it will come on. Is it supposed to run continuously?

85,515

Once the engine is running it would run continuously, but when you just turn the key to the on position it should prime up and stop running.

40

Okay I'm still not getting gas up to my carb, what may be causing that to happen?

85,515

TrannyMan there is not carb on this, I know, if you would have read my post I did mention there may be a problem with the spider injection, I am not piddling threw this, certain things need to be checked in order to do a proper diagnosis, since I am not there to see.

85,515

LQZ5, you need to to that fuel pressure bleed down test as I mentioned.

85,515

The fuel pressure bleed down test would be verifying that the fuel pump and spider injection fuel pressure are good with no problems. There is gas up to the Schrader Valve so there has to fuel to the injectors. The only other thing it could be is there is no injector pulse to make the fuel injectors open and close. While cranking, a noid light is the easiest to use but a digital multi meter can be used to see if there is voltage.