2004 Blazer Turns over but won't start!

10

Asked by Jul 15, 2015 at 11:03 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS 4WD

Eliminated electrical problem...tested fuel pump, it works....changed fuel filter...getting a
P0102 code....cleaned MAF and air filter.  Unplugged MAF and still won't start!  Sprayed
throttle body cleaner into throttle body and it started for about 3 seconds and quit!  What
is going on?

67,305

It's a fuel system problem. Since it ran on the throttle body cleaner you have spark. The MAF code P0102 will not prevent it from starting. Check for fuel pressure and that the injectors are spraying. HTH. -Jim

10

Thanks, Jim! I discovered today that there was another code for the MAP sensor. Fuel pressure is fine, so I guess all that's left is the injectors, huh? Thing is, after I put the MAP sensor in it will sometimes start and run for 20 seconds and then die. If I try to hit the accelerator, it dies immediately! WTH????

67,305

You're welcome. Glad to help. Definitely check the pressure at the fuel rail and for injector spray. Sounds like you're getting a little bit of fuel and when you open the throttle it kills it. Check the resistance value of the throttle position sensor. If the computer "thinks" the throttle is being held wide open while cranking it will go into clear flood mode. In clear flood mode the fuel delivery is dramatically less than normal. This is to help get you started if the engine somehow gets flooded with gasoline. In fact, you can try holding the accelerator pedal to the floor and crank it. See what happens. HTH. -Jim