I have a 1999Beetle. Where is the fuse that serves the air bag warning system on the dash

Asked by Jul 31, 2013 at 02:54 PM about the 1999 Volkswagen Beetle 2 Dr GLX 1.8T Turbo Hatchback

I have a 1999 New Volkswagon Beetle.  I can't find i the fuse that serves the air bag warning light on the dash.  What number fuse serves this light?  Thank you

6,835

Did you look in your owners manual or online for the owners manual for that vehicle ? Sometimes if you know where the fuses block is (under the dash near the steering column, or out under the hood) they are clearly marked.

Best Answer

I have diagram but air bag warning light fuse not iidentified in my diagram. Need help with what number fuse serves this circuit. ??

6,835

INFO from www.volkwagenforum.com - I have a 2001 New Beetle also and I do alot of work on it. The code you are getting is an Airbag light!I have the same problem and found raising the passenger seat forward to get in the back, the wires get stretched under the seatfor the plug which inturns plugs into the wire harness under the seat. I find using the lever to raise the seat UP, then reach under the seat using a flashlight look at the plugs under there. There should be at least 2,or maybe 3, One is for the ABS the other for Heated seats. I found the one for my heated seats got pulled out first!One might be completely unplugged from its mate or just pushing the wire hooked into the plug back in will work! You need a VAS Code reader to plug in and reset the codes. A mechanic friendusing his VAS PC reader could actual tell which seat and where code is coming from. My reader will tell you the code but does not get as explicit. It will also rest the trouble light for Engine, ABS, Airbags and Automatic Transmission.I purchased an inexpensive code reader to read the car trouble lights. It is a Geniscan VW/AUDI Code Reader about $45 on-line. Works great! Comes with both VAG & SAE Trouble Codes and reader just plugs into socket located under dash infront of your left knee. My inlet plug is a purple color and easy to see if you look just left centerunder your steering collum under dash. If you still have problems? E-mail me @ toledotom@aol.com and I can froward you some pictures that might help you find it. Almost all the beetles have this problem, the harness was made about 3" to short and gets pulled forward or out completely when the seats are brought forward to gain access to the back. It might be your Driver's seat too! But most of the problems according to my Mechanic are from the Passenger side! Thank you for all the information below. I have a 2000 Beetle and checked the wire under the driver and passenger seat to find the driver side yellow wire was completed severed. I have had several issues with the air bag light coming on in a 2004 VW Beetle. A crash sensor was replaced behind the front bumper, another time the entire system was "flashed." Recently, the light came on again with diagnostic trouble code 00591 E24. It turned out to be the driver side seat belt buckle. The seat had to be removed to change it out. After reinstallation, I cleared the codes and the light has been out ever since. Hope this helps.

6,835

I know the previous post did not answer your question but it might shed some light on the issue of why the light is on or keeps coming on. Try researching your question on their website, it might be there already and/or other questions could be answered there already as well.