Is there a switch to turn on auxilary battery in 1993 VW Eurovan?

Asked by Oct 29, 2012 at 09:54 AM about the 1993 Volkswagen EuroVan 3 Dr MV Passenger Van

20

I have a '93 VW Eurovan and as far s I know, there is no 'switch' to turn the battery on. There is, however, several push buttons above the rear-view mirror that let you turn on the built-in refer which used the aux battery. Once turned on, the indicator in that small screen above the mirror will indicate how much power you have in the battery. Are you familiar with that display?

230

no there is no switch. it is the electronics in the digital display you mentioned that will do the job.

stonesone, I dont have a display of any kind on the rearview mirror. i did figure out what the mystery switch i have is. it is for the side view mirror heaters. as far as i know there is no display at all for my aux battery. does your van have a table in the back? mine is stuck down and i cant get it up. any insights about that one?

230

The basic van does not have an auxiliary battery. The camper does and then it has an electronic display ABOVE the rear view mirror, not on it. Padraig, where in the back is your table stuck? Is yours a camper , Westfalia, version?

i have a weekender mv 1994. the top pops up and has a table between the rear bench seats and the middle single seats. i get the idea that the table is to be pushed in to let the latch release however it is not releasing. i don't know how to fix this and don't want to break it either. as for the battery, i believe that there is a space for some sort of gauge but there is none there--just a panel that says westfalia on it

230

Sorry, I am not familiar with the weekender. We do not have them in canada. If you do not have an electronic display, I do no know how the aux. battery is activated either. Check the bentley forum, bentleypublishers.com