Where is the aux. battery for a 1992 VW Eurovan T4?

Asked by Mar 31, 2012 at 05:43 PM about the Volkswagen EuroVan

Just bought this van, and the manual says the auxillary battery is under the left seat, but that's impossible. Looked under the hood with no luck. Any suggestions?

270

Is it under the rear bench? I have a Westfalia and in it the secondary battery is under the closet, left rear. enrik

mine is under the driver seat

you can slide the driver seat ahead extra far if you locate the slide stopper. The stopper is a small metal bracket that pivots on the sled rails. the stopper is on the right hand side--down the side that the seat belt latch/chicker is. If you get the seat pushed far forward then you will see the battery underneath.

30

Auxiliary battery(s) can be found in the aft starboard locker, at least on my 1993. I do not have a battery under my drivers seat. I have installed 2 x 31D gels.

270

Starboard is the right side. There is no locker on the right side either. The battery is on the left side under the wardrobe cabinet, which is port side. As far as I know, the term starboard, etc. Refer to ships and are the same for automobiles. You should check this battery every 3 mo. Or at least 6 mo. for electrolite level.

50

I have the same problem. How do I access the battery which is located on the left rear under the wardrobe cabinet?