1992 Eurovan Auxillary battery charging

5

Asked by Jul 22, 2011 at 03:31 PM about the 1992 Volkswagen EuroVan

Brand new VW Eurovan Westfalia owner - I'm so excited!! I have a question on the auxilary batery system. I plugged in the van to charge the aux battery but the meter doesn't display that it is plugged in and the battery is not charging. Can anyone help with this? The 110 plug is working and the residual current circuit breaker is switched on but the battery is not charging. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

What condition is the battery in/will it hold charge?

270

Did you turn on the toggle switch on the same box as the residual circ. b. (we call these GFI (Ground Fault Interruptor) and wait a few seconds. If you get other help, mail me at enrik@shaw.ca. My batterie charger supplies 18 V instead of 13.8V. thanks enrik