Door locks

Asked by May 15, 2015 at 11:57 PM about the 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr STD Convertible

I house visitor just got a 95 Cabrio gifted to her and we can figure out how to lock the car.  
Its dark outside, hopefully I'll find it in the morning.  Manually pushing the lock, won't
budge.  Using the key in the door, only brings windows down, no lock!

61,165

Sounds like the rods inside the doors need to be lubricated. There's rods that connect the lock button to the latch assembly inside of the door. Some WD-40 or white lithium grease works good for this. HTH. -Jim

So maybe I was tired last night. It dawned on me this morning to check the passenger door lock and it works as advertised, including the driver side lock. So it sounds the solution above should work. Thanks

61,165

You're welcome. Glad to help. - Jim

when looking for parts, I was told I could also use parts from another car. I have a 1995 VW Cabrio...which car would this be?