2001 cabrio unable to lock door

Asked by Feb 10, 2013 at 09:17 AM about the 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GLX Convertible

unable to turn key to lock door.

Is the key just worn. Many duplicates are overcut or undercut and force you to do a jiggy dance with the key pullin it out slightly then turning both ways, stuffin it in and trying to turn, and finally just about withdrawing it and somehow will work. I have three locks on my Toyota. NOT the original key and all three behave differently, the gas cap sometimes will not turn, so I can sense your frustration- All I can suggest is use THE ORIGINAL KEY, or a purdy good duplicate. If not replace the damn lock, then.

there is a key-ease lubricant and ice melter available, could juice the goose~

1,355

probly the best thing you can do is take you door cylinders to a lock smith and make sure that they're keyed to your key, as long as that key works well in the ignition.