Inside Door Locks

Asked by Aug 25, 2008 at 10:44 AM about the 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio

I have a 2002 Cabrio and the inside door lock switches on both doors have stopped working.  I can still open and lock the doors with the remote but not from the inside controls.  Could the problem be just a blown fuse or something else?

14,135

I would definitely start by checking the fuses and relays. Beyond that you'll probably have to take it to your trusted mechanic.

20

Please advise if you have resolved your problem as my daughter also has an '02 Cabrio and 1st the remote stopped working & now she is unable to unlock the doors from the inside controls or with the key. The dealer where she bought the car 8/08 wants to replace both door latches @$500 each.

20

No diagram shows where the fuse is for the door locks. Does anyone know? This is very frustrating. We have the same issue. Bought our daughter a 2002 Cabrio. Door locks inside (power) don't work and the key sometimes just turns round and round...sometimes works sometimes doesn't. Missing FOB for alarm which we just found out it has...by setting it off!! We are starting to HATE this vehicle! New handle with lock is $300 to replace. We'd be happy to just replace the fuse, if we could only figure out which is the fuse for the locks!!!