Im planning on buying a 1988 turbo charged rebuild engine and turbo black Supra but he told me the timing is off i was wondering how much it would cost me to fix that

Asked by Jan 19, 2012 at 08:30 AM about the 1988 Toyota Supra 2 dr Hatchback Turbo

25

depends on what timing is off. Mechanically you can set everything to TDC (get a mech manual). my timing belt lost a few teeth i took it off pulled the No. 1 sparkplug found tdc rotated the cams to tdc (there are marks on the cams and no.1 timing plate) replaced the belt and was gtg. you can prbly find a manual on ebay if you are not mech inclined then price the job at a mechanic shop (or the dealer) and equate that into the cost.My only question is if the engine was just rebuilt then why was the timing not set properly at that time.