1988 Toyota Supra idles but will not move under it's own power

Asked by Feb 25, 2015 at 11:38 AM about the 1988 Toyota Supra

I just recently completely rebuilt the engine in a 88 Supra Turbo.  It will idle but once I step on the accelerator the car will just die.  I followed the timing instructions per the repair manual.  I cannot figure this out.  It was drivable prior to the rebuild.

1,435

Double check timing and check for vacuum leaks.

80

does it have airflow meter if yes check that too n check the injector mouth if it ok and check the up timing if it point to it axis same as the down timing.

I have always loved that car, the '80's Supras, some put out as much as 232 HP. Anyway, both those guys above make good suggestions. If the turbo is frozen up, that can cause problems like you describe too. It will run, but die when given throttle.

645

If the car sat up for a while the fuel lines can be half stopped up.