Where can I find a fuel tank for a 1982 Supra???

5

Asked by Jan 10, 2011 at 09:56 PM about the 1982 Toyota Supra 2 dr Hatchback L-Type

Please if anyone can point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!!!

10

Hi, You might find a new tank from a gas tank maker,,, search on line, For my old Corona there are no new tanks made so old ones have to be repaired, That requires welding in patches or using tank sealers.

5

Thanks so much for your reply. Yeah I guess I will have to try and clean, patch, fiberglass, and epoxy the old one to make do. Hopefully I can get it together and get the car on the road sometime soon.

10

Hi, I'd go with a steel patch, Today's fuel can eat up lots of glues and fiberglass, My corona tank leaks and I have used Seals-All for a temporary fix, But I will remove the tank and cut in a steel patch and have it welded in.. BUT you do have to steam the tank to get the gas fumes out, You might find a auto wrecker with one??