I have a 1999 blazer . I used to be able to come to a complete stop but now when I pull off the truck goes dead when I am in park it stays running maybe 2mins but as soon as I put it in gear it sta

10

Asked by Jul 20, 2014 at 06:15 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2-Door RWD

Even when I push the gas it stutters.
But I just changed the spider

122,655

Vacuum leak or intake manifold gasket leak possibly. Was it doing the same thing before you replaced the spiders? If so check fuel pressure.

10

Yes it was stuttering like that but it ran ,come to stop and pull off with stuttering but I was moving. But auto zone put it on machine and read that my spider was bad. Changed it and it still stutters but my catalyst start going out start turning red on the inside didn't have $ so I was told to poke holes in it so I did but only after I couldn't drive anymore.

122,655

Oh. Glowing red cat not good. Use caution driving this way. Did you take cat off and knock the honey coms out of it from the inside or just poke holes in side of cat?

10

I just poked holes in it

122,655

From the out side? Just poked holes in outside case of cat?

122,655

If so and you not in a state that really inspects these things or you can't afford a new one. Remove your cat and put a splice pipe in its place. Our local auto zone has these. They not that expensive. This is not a perminate fix but will get your exhaust to breathing again to get you by for now. By poking holes in the outer case of the cat you probably fully stopped it up.

10

I put ten holes in it all the way through the case and catalyst

122,655

Bad idea. Probably stopped it up for good.

10

can I just take it off and will it be able to drive. Do u think thats the reason that it want move and just clunks out. Because when I accelerate it sounds good but moving feels like im in a standard and dont knw how to use clutch. Oh im in tx.

122,655

Yes that's probably what shutting you down right now.

122,655

But don't advise to drive it with it open. Law will get to know you by name running open exhaust. Splice pipe is an option or get a used one from a donor vehicle and knock the guts out of it but not thru the case from inside the inlet and outlet of it. This is only to get you by till you can replace it properly.

10

Thanks alot bro.