Why does my Blazer start soo hard after sitting for more than 6 hrs??

Asked by Jul 13, 2015 at 11:43 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS 4WD

Have replaced my starter now 4 times. 1st one was told it had a dead spot. Had it almost 15 yrs. Have replaced all the others cuz they sounded the same. All within just several months. Once the Blazer sits for at least 6 hrs, it starts hard and makes bad sounds. But once it starts it's fine. You can shut off and on and starts great everytime. Why does it start soo crappy and hard when it sits for more than 6 hrs??

66,525

It is the flywheel,if you are hearing sound,s from cold start,when engine is warm,it has compression on it,which advances the timming,meaning moving the flywheel up off the bad spot,but when engine is cold it does not have the compression on it there fore not backing the flywheel up,you have a bad fly wheel,this is why your car had a hard cold start,

3,705

15 yrs???? then I will agree with T_S_T. check flywheel

18,775

Is it grinding or is the motor just not running right? Or not firing?