hard time starting

35

Asked by Aug 15, 2008 at 01:49 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS 4WD

If it is cool out side the blazer will fire right up but if it is mid day and warm then it gets hard to start. We just put a new fuel pump in it.  What could be the problem?

245

Did you change out the Fuel Filter when you replaced the pump? Usually it's plugged and that's what burns out the pump. Possible fuel pump relay. When it's hard to start does it crank over nicely or slowly?

50

also the new fuel pump if it was a MASTER pump could be bad. have you had your injectors cleaned and is the check engine light on? i work on cars soooo

85

Try the coolant temperature sensor. That sensor tells your vehicles computer what the temp of the coolant is. The computer then uses that information to determine how much fuel it needs to start the vehicle. If the coolant temperature is not being read properly then the car may be trying to start too rich or too lean. Check to see if the car puffs black smoke when it finally turns over on these hard start occasions. Or if it will not start pull the spark plugs out of it and check for excessive amounts of fuel on them. If there wet then you have a problem, or you've been cranking it for too long.

365

any runing issues?

20

have you tested your fuel pressure even though you put a new pump on that dosnt mean your out of the woods yet ,you could also have a problem with your fuel pressure regulator if so you can pull off the line leading to the reg and if it is wet with fuel thats the problem.also those models have had problems with the injectors leaking down after setting for a period of time .try the regulator test first hope this helps.

20

I have the same issue, Warm weather starts with just a click of the key .. the cooler the weather the more cranks it takes. When its at freezing .. it cranks and floods out. Has to be a sensor . Did you ever find out what it was ?

car cranks over very easy it cranks for about one min. or so then starts runs fine when setting at a light it will run ruff

10

My blazer cranks over a good bit before it will start when its cold its worse and done a complete tuneup on it dont know if its the cat or the fuel injectors bleeding off or what it has me feed up with it