Starting

Asked by Jan 29, 2013 at 03:39 PM about the 1989 Chevrolet Blazer

Hey I've changed the fuel pump, fuel filter,
rodery cap and the module but its still not
starting..before I could just put fuel in
carborator and it would start but won't do
anything now although its turning over
fine...please help a woman out..thanks

99,865

I think it's probably an ignition problem. Check fuses and check for power getting to your coil. Try a squirt of starting fluid to check if it's no spark or no fuel.

Thanks for answering me! I already did try the starting fluid but didn't work. I changed the ignition modular that's under the distributor cap and that didn't work. Any other suggestions?

it sounds like somebody has been guessing what the problem is , if you keep changing parts eventually it will start. or bring it to somebody that knows what they're doing and save yourself a hassle and $$$$.

Why did you even bother answering my question to begin with if you were going to be a smart ass? That's what this site is about...hello....if you have done all you can to fix the problem you come here for help...go away fly...your aggravating!

do you really think your car is going to get fixed by guessing the problem , nobody can diagnose your car from here . you need to bring it to somebody that knows what they are doing , i wasn't trying to be a smart ass. anybody here can say do this or do that and your car still might not start ,then what ? you definity have an ignition problem but who here can say if its a module or a broken wire it can be a number of things and without actually looking at it nobody can tell for sure . sorry you took it the wrong way .

14,985

If you are getting spark to your plugs, it should not be electrical. Check if you can and make sure the timing is correct. If this is an FI, check to see if your getting fuel flow to the injectors. If it is a carburetor, check the float, jets may be plugged. Look down the carb. and move the throttle to see if the jets shoot fuel into the intake manifold. Is the choke stuck? This is a process of elimination, starting with the obvious and working down the line.

A bad ground wire can cause all kinds of electrical problems in a car's operating system. The worst of these problems is, of course, the car refusing to start. So check out the ground wire to the battery.

14,985

Did you get your car started? What was the problem? We all are here t learn and pass on our vast knowledge. I just dusted my weegee (sp?) board.

Yes, what it was is when I bought the new fuel pump from advanced auto it was no good so I replaced all that other stuff and had to go back take the "new" fuel pump off..return it and change it again and he works great now...thanks for asking!

14,985

Funny how the most simple things are the most aggravating. In another response I told about replacing a bad leaking transmission 6 times until the dealer thought it better to give me a trade up at their expense.