2002 Chevy Cavalier won't Start and/or Turn over

Asked by Feb 03, 2015 at 06:21 AM about the 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Base

Hey,
My alternator went out on my 02 chevy cavalier. We changed it. It was fine that night. When i went to work in the morning I was on highway and all of a sudden my car highlights and gauges started going crazy flashing and turning off and on. I pulled over and then not to long after that my car just died. I tried to start it again and it just wont not turn over. I had power and everything still just wont not turn over. We had it towed and after work we went to check it out and the whole car was dead. Can anyone help on this? not sure what to do or look into next?

10,390

very possible that your battery is shot. quite often a battery or alternator goes bad it will take the other one with it. Have the battery charged and then load tested. and also, I hate to say it but have your new alternator tested. quite often they are bad right out of the box.

hey, I will try that this weekend when I get time. Let you know

Hey Everyone, Finally got to my car and fixed it. One Problem was the PMC fuse under the hood was blowen keeping it from starting. After replaced that it started right up, but didnt want to stay running. Once fixed that we check the alternator and it was bad would not even run on the tester at auto zone, then we also took the battery in the same time just to get it tested to and they said it was bad too. SO got new of both replaced them and now running good so far! Thanks for the help everyone

10,390

Not to surprised. Isn't it a shame you buy new parts and they don't work. You think you have covered the bases and that happens. thank you for posting your fix. It might help someone else.!