why do my no. 10 fuse keep melting after i fixed the fuse link?

Asked by Nov 24, 2012 at 08:06 AM about the 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 4 Dr 300E 4MATIC AWD Sedan

My heater fan didn't work so i repaired it with a 25 amp fuse and now when i defrost rear window fuse
burns up.

9,015

David: I have to disagree, on upgrading the fuse, please don't....The fuse system is not designed to save the individual item, but the car itself. There is some kind of internal/ wiring short be glad it is blowing the fuse. Please don't upgrade the fuse, the wiring is only rated at (whatever the fuse is originally) and will incinerate (even smolder unknowingly).... WHAT DID YOU DO TO REPAIR IT?????CROSS WIRES??? please go back over all steps you altered.....what else is on that link?

OK, OK. I even said that I don't usually recommend that. I should not have made an exception. You guys are right, that post is going bye-bye