My Mercedes 300E won't start not long after getting a new battery. Starter?

10

Asked by May 21, 2014 at 09:28 PM about the 1988 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E Sedan

I got a new battery just over a month ago cause I definitely needed it and my car wouldn't start, but of course now it won't start again.  I used to put in neutral and back in park and it'd usually start up not long after, but now its not doing anything.  Tried getting a jump but it didn't make a difference at all.  Most likely a starter problem right, or could it be something else?

16,155

If you are saying that the starter motor isn't turning even with a booster battery hooked up - then obviously the starter solenoid isn't working or if you do hear the click-click of the solenoid then it's the starterAn motor to look at.And you may need an alternator too.(but that isn't realated to no boost start

10

There's no click, just a quick buzzing sound. Don't even know where the starter is on this car.