removal PCV valve on Chevy Equinox 2005

Asked by Mar 01, 2007 at 11:41 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS

I just need to know how to remove the PCV valve---Most of the time they just pull out but from what I could see in the dark there is a bracket but no way to remove the bracket

22,590

Hi lynsplase! I couldn't dig up information about that specific bracket on the web. This my be the time to take a cup of coffee to the guy at the service desk of your Chevy Dealer and pick his brain a bit. Or the guy at the parts counter. They seem to know everything. That's probably the quickest way to find out what you need to know. Good luck!

160

Hey, bro. Did you ever find out how to remove the PCV valve? I'm having the same problem. The Dealer is charging over $200.00 just to put a new one!!! Would you post what you did? Thank you.

10

I wan to know how can i remove. =================================== [url=http://www.motorhomesandcaravans.com/category/motorhome]Motorhome Hire[/url]

160

Good News!!!! A guy that works at AutoZone did it for $40 He removed the valve cover and there is nothing holding those ugly flat heat screws or nails however you want to call them. We looked at the halls and they don't go through the valve. (they were put in with pressure I guess) He use a very thin flat screwdriver and a hammer and started hitting between the bracket and the "nail" one by one until they started to pop out, then he just pulled them out. I guess you don’t have to remove the valve cover now that you know that they are in by pressure. once they came out he used the drill and pre-hall (threaded) the halls making sure that he didn’t go through the valve cover. Then he used 2 Phillips screws and used them to hold the bracket and done!!!!. Now the next time I need to change the pcv valve, all I have to do is get a Phillip screwdriver and remove those 2 new screws!!! I recommend you buy your pcv valve from the dealer and not AutoZone, do buy the elbow from AutoZone but is Chrysler brand, is pretty tight and do the job. that way you don’t have to buy the hose from the dealer because they don’t sell the elbow by it self.

160

Sorry, I meant to say hole and not hall. :0

30

Just cut the bracket off with a Dremel

20

Pry them out carefully with a small flat screw driver or small pry bar, then either push them back in/tap back in with hammer and large punch or find a short screw that fits and tap the hole or thread them in carefully. The bracket is not really required but adds a sense of security that the valve will stay in place. Next time, if you if you use screws, they come right back out.

20

I removed mine on a 2005 Impala 3.4. I used a screwdriver and hammer. The holes for the pins do not go thru the valve cover. I installed the new PCV not using the bracket since the plastic pipe it plugs into is constrained. It can't go anywhere, it's fine.