How do I tow a 2006 AWD Chevy Equinox behind a rental moving box truck?

Asked by Nov 18, 2012 at 08:20 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD

Question type: General

All wheel drive

5 Answers

105

All wheels on the road, or all wheels on a trailer. Not by a dolly. When u try to good an awd car with a dolly, the front tires are strapped to the dolly, and since all the wheels are sharing the drive train, you will simply drag the rear tires. I'd use a car trailer.

1 of 1 people found this helpful.
1,975

I looked up your 2006 Equinox owners manual. It says do not tow the car with any of the wheels on the ground,or you will ruin the drive line. Here is the link.http://pdfcast.org/pdf/2006-chevrolet-equinox-owner-manual

1 of 1 people found this helpful.
97,065

You could put the front wheels on a dolly and remove the drive shaft to the rear axle.

33,665

And tenspeed beat me to it again lol. Disconnect the battery when you do this. That way there is nothing left to chance with any sensors possibly doing anything, even though the key is off. I would say 99.9% chance of nothing happening but you never know with all the suspension monitoring systems on these newer vehicles. 0.1% is enough for me.

155

On a trailer

1 of 1 people found this helpful.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

Equinox

Looking for a Used Equinox in your area?

CarGurus has 71,554 nationwide Equinox listings starting at $1,800.

ZIP:

Search Chevrolet Equinox Questions

Chevrolet Equinox Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 1,690
#2 David Scott
David Scott
Reputation 830
#3 geezz
geezz
Reputation 680
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Ford Escape
1,394 Great Deals out of 93,563 listings starting at $1,250
Used Ford Edge
701 Great Deals out of 50,637 listings starting at $1,500
Used GMC Acadia
484 Great Deals out of 48,117 listings starting at $3,995
Used Honda CR-V
896 Great Deals out of 61,170 listings starting at $988
Used Toyota RAV4
741 Great Deals out of 71,773 listings starting at $1,895
Used Ford Explorer
946 Great Deals out of 72,518 listings starting at $1,000
Used Chevrolet Malibu
948 Great Deals out of 79,664 listings starting at $1,500
Used Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,026 Great Deals out of 74,887 listings starting at $750
Used Kia Sorento
486 Great Deals out of 31,478 listings starting at $1,350
Used Chevrolet Tahoe
549 Great Deals out of 29,234 listings starting at $1,699
Used Nissan Murano
313 Great Deals out of 26,504 listings starting at $1,499
Used Hyundai Santa Fe
287 Great Deals out of 20,321 listings starting at $1,500

Used Cars For Sale

2018 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD For Sale
1,546 listings starting at $22,195
2017 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD For Sale
4 Great Deals out of 712 listings starting at $17,600
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD For Sale
6 Great Deals out of 152 listings starting at $13,995
2015 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD For Sale
8 Great Deals out of 296 listings starting at $11,695
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD For Sale
15 Great Deals out of 548 listings starting at $9,800

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.