95 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Starting Issues

Asked by May 13, 2011 at 09:07 AM about the 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr S Sedan

Yesterday my car would not start. Checked all fuses and all were good. Heard a faint clicking noise when i would turn the key over to start the car the motor never actually turns over just hear the clicking . It sounds like it is coming from a little black box right under the brake master cylinder. Am i correct in thinking this is the ICM(Ignition Control Module). It did this same thing to me last year after letting it sit for 15 mins or so it finally decided to turn over and have not had the problem since. Please any help with this would be great.

Bit of Information about the car.

95 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
260k Miles
Regular Oil Change Every 3k Miles

3,495

Sounds like a dead spot on the armature of the starter. Mine has started doing the same thing. Just keep clicking the key and it will probably start. That's in the short term. Long term is the starter is on its last legs. Sounds like you and I both need to get busy and put in new starters. These things never get better with time.

125

i would check the batery conections and make sure they are clean and put the battery on a load test very well coulld be problem with the starter