1990 culass supreme ignition key is broken in the cylinder but i can still start the car if jiggled. How do i replace the cylinder?

Asked by Jun 05, 2015 at 01:11 AM about the 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr SL Sedan

same question as above

easy or hard?

88,785

If this vehicle has the chip in the key and air bag, I would recommend that you have a professional do it. They can disable the air bag properly and when the tumbler is replaced reset the ECM so it recognizes the new chip. Even if it isn't equipped with a chip or air bag you still need special tools to get to the tumbler release inside the column.