My 1997 Olds Cutlass Supreme will not start. There is silence when I turn the key in the ignition switch. The lights will go on, but the radio will not.

Asked by Sep 11, 2013 at 03:04 AM about the 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr SL Sedan

I tried to start my car.  When I turned the ignition key there the car did not start.  There was no sound at all.  The lights will go on, but the radio will not go on.  The security light had been going on before when the car would start.  My son replaced the starter and battery last summer.  Please help!  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks

3,825

Start by checking battery connections and making sure you have a good ground. A bad ground can make a lot of weird things happen to a car.

10

I have a 1996 and when mine did that it was my key. I had to go to the dealership and have a key made because the chip in it went bad. just take the old key to a chevy dealership n have a new one made for $30-$60