i disconnected the battery on my lexus gx470 andd now the back windows don't work from the drivers controls.

10

Asked by Oct 05, 2013 at 10:36 PM about the 2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD

3,065

They need to be reinitialized. It should tell you in the owners manual. If not let me know and I will walk you through it.

50

I am having the exact same problem with the disconnected battery and the back window not working could anyone give any advice on this if you are missing the manual?

3,065

Roll the windows all the way up. you must use the door switch for which window you want to initialize. they wont work from the drivers switch until they have been initialized at each door first. Push the switch all the way down( its a 2 step switch) and hold it until the window reaches the bottom and stops and hold it for 2 seconds. then pull and hold it in the full upright position until the window is all the way to the top. hold it again for 2 seconds before letting go. it should now be initialized and work from the drivers switch.

170

This procedure worked well. 1. Turn on ignition switch (car can be running or not) 2. Go to each of the three windows and repeat this sequence (a) roll the window down and hold for two seconds (b) roll the window all the way to the top and hold for two seconds 3. Check that the control has been restored to the driver-side console for each of the three windows. If control is not restored for a specific window, then repeat step-2 above. This procedure worked today when I had to replace my battery outside the normal "take to the shop / mechanic" protocol. It was on the weekend and my only choice was Pep Boys for a new battery. After replacing the battery, the other windows did not work from the driver console. At the time, I assumed that a fuse had been shorted as part of the battery replacement. I then noticed that I was able to operate the windows from their individual controls. It was at that moment that I researched this problem and came upon the solution here. I expect that each time a dealership or a local mechanic does the battery replacement they also execute this procedure, but as owners of the vehicle, we would never know. You discover these things when fixing the problems yourself and what an interesting discovery this is.

40

Soooooo helpful!!!! I had checked all my fuses, and they were all good. I was about to call the shop back that had replaced my alternator, but luckily I read this first. Just hold each door window button down for two seconds after its all the way down then again for 2 seconds after the window is all the way up. God I love forums!

40

Worked like a charm... thank you....

Perfect job men, i just tried mine now and it worked. I have been thinking how i will lose a couple of bucks for that lexus GX470 just for the windows.Was thinking the switch was bad. thanks a million men

10

Thanks, worked for me to.

10

Thanks, worked for me too.

Awesome, thanks! Just ran into this issue as well on my 2005 GX470

Thank you very much, also worked for me as well on my GX470-04.

Am just going to add to the chorus, worked for me as well. My wife said "let me check on Youtube" and sure enough. Thank you very much. Bob Carley

Thanks. It worked for me today.

Thanks so much! My husband was able to just fix this same issue.

I replaced my battery on my 2003 gx470. I reinitialized the roof and then started on the windows. The drivers window worked as you stated, however when I went to the other windows, there was no power to open or shut them. Is there something else I need to do to activate these window switches.

10

It worked. Thanks a bunch for the great advice.

10

i bought my 2008 yesterday, i didn't check the rear windows. they have no power. I tried your instructions and it did work like a charm thanks a lot. you are really helpful thanks again. do you know how to change Fahrenheit to Celsius on the dashboard.