Overheating, Engine Misfire, Oil Light, Coolant Light

Asked by Jun 29, 2016 at 10:14 AM about the 2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

I bought this car less than a year ago from a dealer. It was
fine when I bought it but after driving it a couple times it
began to have a miss in every cylinder and originally the
temperature gauge would rise up almost to Hot but then it
would go back down to the normal range, but now it stays
normal until I go over about 45 mph. Also the coolant and
oil light randomly come on, but it has oil and coolant.
I am wanting to sell this car so I'm wondering what needs
worked on/replaced to see if it's not too expensive to fix
before I sell it. Thank you!

12,105

Sell it as a mechanic special its $ to repair all this issues you won't recover your expenses on the Audi 1.8T

I know that, but some things I have suspected it of being is less than $100 for the parts and I have someone to do the work for free. I just need to know what people think it is, because it could be a number of things. I'm not going to fix the things that are hundreds of dollars to fix.

250

If coolant tank is full n still overheats replace temperature sensor n theres two of them should cost around 30-35$ for both... Sensor 1 is located at the top behind engine. To remove all u have to do is remove air hose connect to head gasket cover n its right below it n its green color, slide lock pin out n pull sensor out, make sure to remove black rubber seal too or O ring after clean good n inspect connector wire before putting it back... Senosor 2 located at buttom front driver side next to radiator mounted on coolant drain flange n color grey N for this 1 u actually have to drain coolant cause once u pull the sensor all the coolant n anything in there comes out so make sure to hav new coolant ready N ur coolant should be pentofrost sf red coolant.. U also should be able to flush while having both sensors out just turn car off use distilled water no mineral from cvs store 3$ a gallon 2 should do the job... Simply pour water from top sensor hole n everything come out or u can also use coolant tank. I recommend both for more clean... After put everything back N this should fix ur coolant problem.

250

For ur oil It just need new oil with new oil filter maybe oil too old or low but I recommend new oil change n car should be using 0-40 full/advance synthetic mobil1 for hot weather N 5-30 full/advance synthetic mobil1 extended performance for cold weather... U can buy the oil with mobil1 filter n have shop change it for 35-40$ or u can do it urself N it should fix it

250

For ur random missfire there are a couple of thing... Could be maf,vacuum leak,engine speed sensor/cam shaft ssensor fuel injectors,ignition coil n spark plug or bad ignition coil wires(sometimes they get old n start to crack open N its exposed N it happens to all 4 connector including all 4 fuel injectors connector too I recommend start inspecting connector wire first then work ur way down... To be honest car is worth it if DIY type person N also wont cost $ but will cost alot of ur time stop believing ppl talk about $ but its true if ur a take it to the shop type person I hope ur car start driving again keep us posted