COLLIENT IN OIL

Asked by May 02, 2012 at 09:08 AM about the 1990 Ford Thunderbird SC

I HAVE COLLIENT GETTING IN THE OIL. I THINK DA HEAD MAY BE WARPED. BUT ID LIKE SOME FEED BACK FIRST

1,695

get a tougher gasket and hose installed...

8,605

First thing: Check the compression. You may have a cracked head or it could be a blown head gasket.

355

I would go with the blown head gasket first. Is it over heating at all or do you see any white smoke comeing from the exhaust.

615

probably head gasket

1,455

Run the engine up to temp first you should see bubbles in radiator when running sure sign gasket has gone also foam. Comp will find out what area to look for when head off to make sure problem is visable. Also there is a co2 tester you can use on radiator also without removing anything...

1,695

white smoke from the exhaust is just water vapor... the temp is still the best indicator and check for bubbles and leaks... change your head gasket and seal it back completely... also change radiator hose there might be vapor and leak issues...

355

I think it depends on what engine you have in the car. mine is a 302 5.0 and when white smoke comes from my exhaust I'm burning oil not water.

1,455

It all is the Dence of smoke. If its vapour it's just condensation. If its white thick as hell it's oil. All engines will have the same simtums for same faults... Yes it could be head gasket head worpage or head cracked.