Is it hard to check fuses? And where are they located, I think one maybe draining battery so my starter drags.

Sherry Flores

Asked by Nov 04, 2015 at 09:49 PM about the 1990 Ford Tempo 4 Dr GL Sedan

Here is a helpful guide on finding and eliminating parasitic battery drains: | To check fuses without pulling them just go to any parts store and get the small pack of fuses (ATM, ATX, etc.) that has the small fuse tester. It'll have a little diode that lights up when touched to a good fuse. Just be aware that opening and closing the driver door will keep the computer more active resulting in a higher draw on the battery than when the car is 'sleeping.' So first pull the fuse for the door, then wait ten minutes before testing for parasitic draws.