after I change the oil in my car It started making a knocking sound It has a front and rear main seal leak But I've kept it up And I've had Lucas in it

Asked by Oct 01, 2015 at 01:21 PM about the 1993 Ford Tempo 4 Dr GL Sedan

Is it the rod bearings wheel bearings Or
crankshaft pulley

102,415

Vibration dampers do fail on these but the noise will stop momentarily when you accelerate, and rod bearing noise will increase with engine speed, but go lightly if it is a rd you don't want it coming loose and fly through the engine block.

970

Sounds like your engine may be nearing it's life. As a last resort, checkout Wynn's Engine Restore and an Oil Treatment as additives. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. In the long run, you will need to have your engine rebuilt or replaced.

27,545

get a broom handle or a long screw driver and put it up to your ear and then place the other end on the oil pan...front crank area...isolate the noise before you start to freak out...