heater and signal lights not working

Asked by Dec 28, 2012 at 04:46 PM about the 1990 Ford Tempo 4 Dr GL Sedan

When I start my car the heater does not blow air and the signal lights do not work?  Is that some type of
fuse needed

251,135

It's a worn ignition switch. Remove the lower plastic piece between the steering wheel and the dash and you should see a rectangular white plastic plug connected to a metal one the same size. This gets worn and loose. Wiggle it around some and see if you can get your turn signals to work.

Thanks your answer is very helpfull!! Liz

Thanks I know this is it because I had a key get stuck in switch took apart the plastic and that plug just fell in the floorboard thanks