daytime running lights

65

Asked by Mar 12, 2008 at 10:28 PM about the 1991 Ford Tempo 4 Dr L Sedan

where is the daytime running light module located on a 1991 ford tempo?

the daytime running lights is a factory safty issue,dont think they can be turned off.

47,665

It is usually a relay in the underhood fuse box that can be removed.

65

Yes I realize that the daytime running lightsts are a factory safety issue but I have recently developed a problem that I think is related to the module. I have no hi- beams, no hi-beam indicator and no daytime running lights. I have checked the bulbs and they are fine. There is no power getting to the hi-beam elements of the bulbs. The dimmer switch is clicking and feels like it is ok but I am just not sure. I did locate the module and disconnected it but there is no improvement. I will have to try and get a replacement module but I hate spending the money without knowing for sure if my problem will be rectified plus due to the age of vehicle a new one may not be available. I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem?

525

I do not thing any 1991 Ford vehicle had this feature installed. GM started this trend much later on. Just a few manufacturers have this feature even today.