Does anyone use or recommend a warranty service? I think I would like to purchase an extended warranty for unexpected repairs. What is a good company to use? THANKS

40

Asked by Jan 01, 2014 at 11:32 PM about the 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr Sport Passenger Van Extended

Warranty?  What is a good warranty to buy that covers unexpected breakdowns well?  Is this something good to have?  Please let me know the best way to go. And the best one to purchase.   THANKS

237,015

For a 2002 Dodge? I personally don't purchase 3rd party warranty's as you always have to jump through hoops to get coverage and not much is covered. IMO put that extra money you spend on the warranty and put it in your savings account and when something goes wrong, have it repaired. Buying a used car helps you save some money on the initial purchase but always have a grand or so ready for repairs the first year you buy one to get it the way you want it. Such as tires and brakes, etc. and those things aren't covered under warranty.

535

Pat, tom is right, those warranty company's are pretty scary, you would be better off to bank the money and fix it then, if it doesn't break you have not spent all that money for nothing. When I was in the shop working and somebody came in with one of those plans it would take more time just to see if they were going to cover the problem before we started the work, otherwise you pay twice. Keep your money in your pocket instead of of there pocket.

40

ok tHANKS---My sister had a ford cross over suv bought brand new; purchased an extended warranty. She used it twice in 5 years; warranty covered, no questions asked. Once was mechanical with motor, other time it was major ac problems. It was in/out shop in 7 days. Without warranty, she would not have had money to fix it. She recently traded it in for used Santa Fe 19,000 miles. It was FIRST time she bought used in 44 yrs. That's how bad the NEW ford was---it was in shop too much, warranty did NOT cover rental car. THANKS, I really wish there was a QUALITY warranty, excellent coverage at a fair price for us. Thank you Tom and Mr. Big Dog.