On a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan LE, the electric windows won't roll up. Last week the passenger window wouldn't work, I turned the ignition key a couple of times and then it worked. Tonight, the drivers side window is about 1/3 down and won't go up. The passenger side would work though. I tried the ignition switch a couple of times and that didn't help. I then disconnected the battery to let the computer reboot. I waited 60 seconds hooked up the battery cable and now neither window will work. I have a 96 Caravan also, so I swapped the window switch between the two vehicles and nothing changed. I have tried to find the window fuse or relay and can't find it. The rear wing windows do work. Help, thanks

Asked by Oct 16, 2013 at 11:47 PM about the 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr LE AWD Passenger Van Extended

I have a 2000 Grand Caravan and the windows won't roll up this happened last week also. I turned the key on and off a couple of times and then they worked. I swapped the window switch and that is not it, The wing windows work. But neither front window will work.  This also happened on my 96 about a month ago, and later in the day they started working again. Does anyone have any idea what is going on. It is electrical I know that. It is not the window regulators. There must be a relay somewhere.

7,565

watch the dome light while you flip the window switch, do they dim? if so the window motor is bad. A way to get window up in this case is to hold the switch in the up position and slam door at the same time. may have to do it a couple of times. if lights dont dim, you have an open circuit in system. There is a ciruit breaker in junction block. aka inside fusebox. Its called a ptc,(positive temperature coefficient) Its a circuit breaker that resets itself when short is fixed. Its not like a metal circuit breaker, that gets hot. By trying to roll up a (shorted motor) it will shut off power, then reset itself shortly after you release switch. reply to this if you need more help...hope this helps. Here is a diagram

30

You are awesome! This also works for a 95 Dodge Caravan SE. Now to find the open circuit