NO PASS INSPECTION

30

Asked by Jan 21, 2016 at 04:52 PM about the 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring

Why would I not be able to get a
inspection sticker because the ck
engine light IS NOT ON ?

34,875

Ask the inspector that failed the car.

78,305

They are most likely telling you that the check engine light does not work, it should come on for a few seconds when you turn the ignition on then if everything checks out it will turn off.

16,810

They are saying there is a code stored in the memory and even if the light is not on that is if the light is actually working like tennisshoes mentioned.

34,875

In that case you need to find out what the code is so you know what is wrong.

30

I call th guy, he said, there was a bunch of codes, but he deleted them. He is not even licensed to do inspections! ! My, my.

78,305

So now you have to start from square one. Does the check engine light actually work?

30

I don't know , isn't he suppose to tell me , HE had other codes he said when I called him for that one . But had erased them. He only said 1, but I called an then he say I had several. I have never had a inspection in my life like this. Inspections are to make sure it's ok to drive, not to run a complete dog and look for all the problems in the world, this doesn't seem right.

78,305

So why is a person that isn't licensed to do inspections even looking at your vehicle? Take it to a certified shop that you trust, if you don't have one then check the reviews on shops in your area. I suggest that you read your owners manual, so you can become familiar with your vehicles warning system and servicing intervals, plus learning how everything works. A proper tech will not just erase codes without some verification that they are inaccurate.

Best Answer
30

I found out ABOUT the no license later in the day, And this was a certified place, It was A Honda Dealership. I want to compliment but I want to cause no one a job in this economy either. I did ask another Dealer and he told me the inspections were just making sure the road worthy of the car. I think this guy was not trained if he want suppose to be doing it.

78,305

If at all possible stay away from Stealerships, all they do is take more of your hard earned money and as you painfully found out don't always used trained people, they just have enough of them to keep their certifications, so you never know if you have a certified tech working on your car or not. You can find a good independent shop and there are even some that specialize in makes, so in your case you could find one that specializes in Chrysler/ Dodge products.

30

Well, I also found out I was sold a salvaged car when I got my title, no one ever told me this either, I was put in this as a loaner until mine was fixxed, they sold my car and I had no choice because I needed a car badly. It's all a mess, but I thank you very much. I guess I'll figure out something. Have a good day.

78,305

Nondisclosure of that fact is a Federal and a NTSB offense, I would not stand for that.

30

Who would I contact ?

78,305

I would start with a call to a FBI office or if your not so brave then try your local public DA.

30

The DMV , will they help, I know after dealing with these folks there is something very wrong.

78,305

About the only thing the DMV can do is possibly provide you with information on when it was reinstated as a salvage vehicle and possibly how much damage it sustained, but records vary from state to state but it is worth a try if for nothing else than for more information.

30