Performance/Numbers Needed!!

35

Asked by Apr 30, 2008 at 05:07 PM about the 1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC Convertible

I would like to know my lebaron's 0-60 time (average and minimum, if possible), top speed, drag times, horsepower, etc.

35

1994 gtc convertible

25

if it is a 3.0L it is 141hp and 170ft-lb of torque

2,200

dude it's a 94 chrysler...who cares....drag times...give your head a shake....horsepower...it's a grocery getter at best...give it to your lovely girlfriend and get a real car...sorry

205

1985 Chrysler LeBaron GTS Turbo 8.1 16.2 1987 Chrysler LeBaron 8.8 16.8 1987 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible 11.3 18.2 1990 Chrysler LeBaron GTC 7.2 15.8 Closest I could find. First number is your 0-60 and your second numberis 1/4 mile.

45

You can make decent power if you know what to do. First off get rid of that crappy ass a604 4 speed automatic and put an a543 5 speed in it. Next switch your computer over to a 5 speed. Then a 2.5 exhaust all the way back, take intake and port it by atleast taking the big bump in the center out and stick a Cold Air intake on it (custom make it, its easy). From there play with your ignition timing. A little bit more money and you should yank your head for a little porting, shave them off a little bit and run a bit higher compression. THen you can send your cams to crower for an aggressive regrind. I know a lot of guys you with a 24v 3.0 motor and a standalone set up like megasquirt or doing DOHC with a diamante motor. These mods make your car an easy high 14 sec (grocery getter). I know a couple people who have put an m90 supercharger on the 3.0 and blow people away with the amount of power. Then there is a guy that has a custom turbo kit on his 3.0. He takes salvage yard motors and tunes them out with a turbo and runs 11 second passes easy. If you can fabricate or even have basic mechanical skills you can get a lot out of these motors Q

One of my professors said he had a late 80 chrysler lebaron gts turbo and he said he got it up to 145 and it wasnt even close to hitting the red-line... this seems pretty ridiculous and he is kind of a B.S.er so I was wondering, is that possible?

I'll tell you how to get spot on numbers. Test the car! Find an empty parking lot have a buddy sit in the passenger seat and click a stopwatch when you take off and when you hit sixty. Do this 3 times and average them and take the low number that's your minimum 0-60 time. As for drag times, go to a drag strip. Horsepower? Find a chassis dyno. Top speed is a little bit trickier, I'm not going to recommend you speed on the highways because that can be dangerous and expensive. You'll have to figure a way to get that number on your own.