Shift Kits

Asked by Dec 29, 2014 at 09:50 PM about the 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX

I have a 93 Ford Thunderbird (I call
her the Black ThunderCock)
anyways, I recently posted about
adding twin turbos and a group of
men we talking about adding a shift
kit to my transmission. I believe my
Trans is a 5R55S, which shift kit
should I get? There are tons out there
and I just don't know how to choose.
I'm a young buck (17y/o) so I'm not
well educated on vehicles just yet, I
have much to learn!

Thanks ahead if time!!

5,375

I don't see anything but a generic shift kit for your trans. Long ago I remember companies had the "Tow and Go", "Street and Strip" and the racing kit in which you had to shift the automatic transmission manually all the time. I put a Town and Go in the motorhome and the Street and Strip in my one ton dually. Used to have so much fun in the dually

I would honestly would love to put in a shift kit which I would have to shift manually. I don't have the money to drop the Trans and put in a manual. I saved up the money to buy a car and although I'm glad I got the car, I just wish a few thins were different. If I could find a shift kit I would have to shift manually on the automatic that would be great!!

5,375

I think it would be a pain to have to shift an automatic manually. I don't see one for your transmission, maybe too lightweight. There is a manual kit for the AODE/4R70W/ http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRG-AODE-3/

1,555

Take it to a transmition shop & have them do it. Done problem solved. & you don't have a lift, & want to drop the trans pan anyway. Some holes will have to be drilled in the valve body plate also.