93 TBird 5.0L motor mounts

Asked by Mar 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM about the 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX

I need motor mounts! Is there a difference between the front right and the front left motor mount? Also she is
shaking pretty bad but this did not happen until a day after I had got a oil change and put synthetic high mileage oil
was that a bad call? And it doesn't do it at about 1700 RPM just from about 1200 to 1600 RPM. And a bit at idle also
while driver too. I think its the oil!!

99,235

Oil wouldn't cause the engine to shake. A misfire would. How old are the spark plugs? Plugs should be changed every 80,000-100,000 miles. --- For the motor mount questions, check RockAuto.com to see if they have the same part numbers. Change the plugs first, you may not need mounts after all.

Recently got a hole tune up done so I know it's not the spark plug and I I have new wires as well. And for the mounts I know I need them cause the engine moves. Any other suggestions?

99,235

That's good that you has a tune up but it blows a hole in my spark plug theory.... You could get the codes read at the parts store and see if anything turns up. The RockAuto.com data base shows both motor mounts are the same and they have them from $29 to $38. 1993 FORD THUNDERBIRD 5.0L V8 : Engine : Motor Mount

I've got the codes read about a month ago cause it wouldn't pass smog turns out it was a vacuum going to the EGR that was broken but I changed the EGR before that and it ran much smoother. And on the motor mount part that's really good considering that autozone's goes for 80 bucks for one. Could the motor mount help with the shaking? I don't know if it matters but I did put a cold air intake on it but still it didn't start doing it until after that oil got put in!

Here's what it looks like.

10

if your bird is still ruff idle check the mass air flow sensor. disconnect it from the car and i think it has 2 or 3 screws in order to get inside it, be very gentle with it VERY GENTLE. clean it using a Qtip, then reinstall. sumtimes the little things cause big problems. i myself have owned 4 seperate 93 ford thunderbirds. all with 5.0, its my favorite car and at one point in time my father sister and i had (3) 5.0 thunderbirds, i kno alot about this car and watever i dont kno my dad definatley knows cuz hes done everything u could imagine to his 5.0 bird.

355

The reason it was shaking was cause my balencer was was broken. You had 4 5.0 birds nice you have any video of them :-). The one on the lift is the same color of mine electric red Nice..