Many problems

Asked by Jun 09, 2007 at 10:42 PM about the 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX

I have several things wrong with my car that, thankfully, don't effect my engine. I don't know where the cable is for the odometer but my miles haven't moved since I bought my car 3 months ago. My cruse control doesn't work, neither does my A/C. I would appreciate any advise or help on fixing these problems. (preferably on locating the problem parts)

Hi T-Bird! There's no simple answer to any of these problems. The issue could be anywhere in the functional chain of all of these systems. You are going to need to verify all of the components in these systems. Chances are you will need a pro to run down each individual problem. Good luck!

Odometer is an electric motor, no cable. I went to salvage and bought instrument cluster to learn how to take apart. My problem was a broken gear on the motor that runs the odometer. Used the gear out of the salvage unit. Very tedious job, but can be done.