1962 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Roof Problems

Asked by May 26, 2014 at 05:53 AM about the 1962 Ford Thunderbird

The roof went up fine, however when closing it into the Trunk/ boot, it fully locked down
into the Trunk (clicked down) but the motor was still running or trying to overwork even
though the hood is away.

As a result the system is completely default and locked into the Trunk. It seems like a
solenoid or sensor was broken in the progress.... The roof has always been a problem.

Any advice or links sent over would really be appreciated.

Does anyone have the convertible wiring diagram or videos online to help.
Thanks in advanced

22,425

nice car- getting the power top to work correctly on a 50 year old car is a zen exercise, indeed- if it has not been worked on before, it probably needs one new EVERYTHING- that is a classic, and for a wiring diagram and advice you should already be a member of a classic T- Bird forum- having said all that, it sounds like the motor is working and getting power- get your test light out and check the switch, and the relays-